HOMEABOUT MEFAVORITE WEBSITESOUR LOVE STORYRECIPESDIY

Friday, August 24, 2012

Frugal Friday

Today I am linking up with Wendy from The Shabby Nest for a Frugal Friday link up party!


The Shabby Nest

For our wedding in May, instead of the traditional flowers hanging from the pews in church for the ceremony, I decided I wanted to use the letter of our last name instead! 

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the wooden letters and then decorated and modge podged them using different colors and designs of scrapbook paper.  I waited to get the letters when they were 50% off and then used a 40% off coupon for a book of scrapbook paper, so each letter cost me less than $2.00.   

We then hung them with ribbon from the pews! It was a very inexpensive and fun project, and now, I'm going to reuse a couple in our new apartment and hang them on the front door and in our office! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single one of your wonderful comments! Thanks for taking your time to read my blog!