HOMEABOUT MEFAVORITE WEBSITESOUR LOVE STORYRECIPESDIY

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Wonders

Hi! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was fantastic, and I'm happy to share it!

Friday
Friday night was spent at home with my husband. We watched some Nebraska Volleyball on TV (they dominated against Wisconsin)!! We also had some drinks, including this delicious strawberry daiquiri.


 Saturday
On Saturday, my mom and I went to my future cousin's bridal shower. It was a brunch and was very cute. The shower was at a Bed and Breakfast. We had sandwiches, salad, fruit and dessert.  We also got some cute homemade cookies from one of the bridesmaids. The shower had a kitchen theme, so we each signed an apron for the bride-to-be and brought recipes for her as well! It was good to see some of my aunts and I can't wait for the wedding in December!

The adorable candy jars given out for the game prizes. 
What a neat idea!

The beautiful bride-to-be and I.

After the shower, my mom and I headed to Grand Island for some shopping! We had pretty good success! I got two pairs of jeans and a shirt, yeah! Didn't find my boots yet, but I'll keep looking! :)
My Lauren Conrad shirt from Kohl's that I got for $22, originally $36.

Jeans from Vanity that I got for $24, originally $60.

After shopping for a few hours, mom and I ate out at Ruby Tuesday before heading back home. It was a fun day and it was good to have some mother/daughter bonding time!

Sunday
On Sunday morning, I started the day off with mass, such a great way to begin my morning! After church, I went to the fitness center and got a good workout in. Then, I got a little relaxation time in with Ryan before heading to work for 4 hours. I got to watch a little bit of the Nebraska Volleyball game, in which the #3 Huskers beat #10 Minnesota! After work, I came home and we had tacos with Spanish rice for supper. We ended the night watching our Packers beat the Texans, which makes for a very happy husband! 

On a side note, Sunday marked 7 years since Ryan asked me to be his girlfriend! I can't believe how far we have come and I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband in my life!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single one of your wonderful comments! Thanks for taking your time to read my blog!