HOMEABOUT MEFAVORITE WEBSITESOUR LOVE STORYRECIPESDIY

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn Soup...yum!

Last night for supper, I tried a new soup recipe I got from one of my mom's friends, and it turned out delicious, so I thought I would share it with all of you! Fall is the perfect weather for soup!

It's called Autumn Soup and here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced potatoes
1/2 cup diced celery
3 T chopped onion
1 cup water

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk

1/2 cup diced ham
1/2 lb velveeta cheese
1 tsp parsley (optional)
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

First, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and water in a pot and cook for about 10-15 minutes ( I didn't have any celery, so I didn't add that).


While that is cooking, in another pan, combine the butter, milk, and flour and mix often until thick.

Then, combine the two mixtures and add the ham, cheese, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cook until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. 





 Serve and enjoy! 









2 comments:

  1. It's definitely a good day for soup as is every day if you ask me! On a side note, E was sitting by me when I opened your blog. She is VERY impressed by your picture with the dolphin. She wants to be kissed by a dolphin too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single one of your wonderful comments! Thanks for taking your time to read my blog!