Part Two: The Wedding
This was my first New Orleans wedding, and we had a blast! Here are a few things I learned about a wedding in New Orleans that is different than how we do it in Nebraska:
1. There isn't a formal sit down meal for everyone at the same time. The food is out when you get to the reception and you can eat whenever you want.
2. The dance starts right away as soon as the reception gets underway.
3. The food is amazing! And after you initially go through the food line, they continually bring trays of food around all night. We had shrimp, sausage, sandwiches, crab, meatballs, and a few other things throughout the night, along with cake and cheesecake!
4. They had a live jazz band, which was really fun.
5. The most fun part of the dance came on the last song. It's a tradition there that everyone gets a napkin or hanky and parades around with the bridge and groom, who have fancy umbrellas. We danced to "When the Saints Go Marching In," since we were in New Orleans, and then the couple danced on out of the reception!
Here is a video clip: