Yesterday was my day off for the week and I tried a new recipe that one of my coworkers found on Pinterest. They are called Trick or Treat Salted Nut Bars, and here's the recipe from Just a Pinch.
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 - 14 oz package caramels
2 Tbsp water
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 cup marshmallow creme
2 cups peanuts
1/4 cup candy corn
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8" square baking pan with nonstick foil. (If using regular foil - use cooking spray.) Beat all crust ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed 1 - 2 minutes or until fine crumbs form; press into bottom of pan. Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
2. Unwrap caramels. Heat caramels & water in medium heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water 8 - 10 minutes or until melted (bowl should not touch water), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, beat 1 C of the powered sugar & marshmallow cream in a standing mixer at low speed until combined. Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp powered sugar over flexible cutting board or sheet of parchment paper. Lightly coat hands with powdered sugar; gently pat out marshmallow mixture on board or paper into 8" square. Brush off excess powdered sugar.
4. Spread 1/2 C of the melted caramel over crust; sprinkle with 1 C of the peanuts. Top with marshmallow square by turning cutting board or paper with marshmallow mixture upside-down over peanuts, pressing down firmly to adhere layers. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the caramel; pour remaining caramel over marshmallow layer. Top with remaining 1 C peanuts & candy corn, patting down firmly.
5. Reheat reserved caramel; drizzle over bars. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
6. Lift foil to remove bars from pan; remove foil. Cut into 24 bars. Cover & store in refrigerator & enjoy!
They turned out pretty good, as far as my own opinion goes. We shall see what everyone else thinks!