Ashley @ It Is What You Make It // Kalyn @ Love.Laughter.HappilyEverAfter // Mallory @ From California to Kansas // Karla @ Forever Newly Wedded // Maggie @ A Weaving of Grace
Samantha @ Designer in Teal // Veronica @ Passion.Pink.Pearls // Kaitlyn @ Wifessionals // Emily @ Newlywed Moments // Callie @ My Something New With You
I'm linking up with these 10 lovely ladies for a month of Wednesday linkups sharing love stories, advice, and other fun things about marriage! As of June 2013, all the ladies above will have been married for one year, how exciting!
We also just celebrated our one year anniversary on May 26th, so I thought it would be a fun linkup to join to share my marriage experience so far and learn from other brides also.
Week 1: Funny Moments from the First Year
* While I was showering one night, Ryan thought it would be funny to throw a pitcher of ice cold water on me. I screamed, got very cold, and then we laughed about it later. And don't worry, I returned the favor a couple months later.
* Our common tickle sessions where Ryan tickles me until I feel like I'm either going to pee my pants or I can't breathe. He is stronger than me and can always hold me down for these.
* Witnessing Ryan getting his first IV ever in the emergency room and him throwing up and passing out because of it...not funny at the time, but we laugh about it now.
* While he is driving, Ryan likes to occassionally swerve or tap the breaks. Coincidentally, it's usually when I'm try to take a drink of something, I've only spilled on myself a couple times.
* On our honeymoon, we ate at a seafood restaurant the one night. I am not a big fan of fish, so I ordered the fried fish, thinking it would be sort of like fish sticks or nuggets that were breaded and deep fat fried. Much to my surprise, when my plate came out, I got the entire fish, eyes and all, gross!
I know there are plenty more, but just can't think of some right off hand. We've definitely had our laughs throughout the first year and I know laughter is a necessity in marriage. You can't be serious all the time and it's important to be able to laugh with your husband!