HOMEABOUT MEFAVORITE WEBSITESOUR LOVE STORYRECIPESDIY

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Mardi Gras



Happy Mardi Gras Everyone! And Happy Fat Tuesday! Since I can't be in New Orleans celebrating, I'll do my best to pretend I'm there through pictures and video on my blog!

Mardi Gras is a very fun day for my family and I. We have relatives that live in New Orleans, and so we know all about this holiday! Ever since I was little, I always remember my aunt and uncle bringing beads to Nebraska for us from the parades!

When I was in sixth grade, I was lucky enough to get to go to Mardi Gras with some of my aunts, uncles and cousins! It was so much fun and I really want to go back soon! Now that I am older, I would love to get the full experience, including downtown and Bourbon Street during this crazy celebration!

Can't have Mardi Gras without King Cake! The tradition is that whoever gets the piece with the baby in it has to host the next Mardi Gras party!

Parades means beads, beads, and more beads, along with so much more that gets thrown out from the floats, including cups, stuffed animals, swords, hats, moon pies, sunglasses, balls, and lots more!

A pictures courtesy of my aunt Nancy of my cousins who are currently at Mardi Gras right now! Showing off just a few of their beads!


Video courtesy of my cousin who is there showing the longest float this year! The young blond cuties on the shoulders in the video happen to be my little cousins celebrating their first Mardi Gras!

Do any of you celebrate Mardi Gras? Have any of you been there to experience the real thing?







1 comment:

  1. Aww fun! We've been to NOLA several times, but never during Mardi Gras. My sister lives in the area so her kids actually get out of school for the day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single one of your wonderful comments! Thanks for taking your time to read my blog!