The things I learned this past weekend after a 10 hour roadtrip...
1. Make sure to check directions when it comes to a split in the road, before you end up driving 30 minutes out of your way and luckily realizing it before ending up in Minneapolis instead of Chicago.
2. Heads Up is a great road trip game! But be warned that if you post the video, your friends may get confused that you were driving in Europe.
3. Pulling an all-nighter on the drive there is all fun and games, until you have to drive back and try to stay awake after getting minimal sleep all weekend!
4. If you drink enough and have great friends, it is possible to sleep 3 girls in a full-size bed (not queen or king, a full/double) without anyone falling out or moving the entire night!
5. After navigating all weekend, you may wake up sleeptalking when you get home, telling your husband that you're going the wrong way.
6. Free suite tickets to a football game are awesome, but beware of the ticket-giver becoming a stage 5 creeper!
7. Snapchat is a great way to show all your friends back home all the fun you're having, and make them slightly jealous or curious about your trip!
8. Toll roads are not cool, especially when you end up paying $20+ in toll fees.
9. 312 beer on tap in Chicago is amazing!!
10. Saving the best for last...last-minute spontaneous roadtrips with your friends are amazing, and having no definite plans is great because you can do whatever, whenever!! As everyone says, you only live once, so make the most of it! I would do it all over in a heartbeat!
If you want a full recap of our trip, check out my previous post here!