My husband and I have some news to share...we bought a house! We've been looking for about a month, and found the one we really liked, so we put in an offer, it got accepted, and now we're going through the closing process! If everything goes as planned, we will close on March 3rd and it will officially be ours!
Now, comes all the fun, yet sort of difficult decisions like paint colors, furniture ideas, and decorating! I'm excited to finally have our own place to do with what we want!
Here's a few things I've learned so far in the house hunting and house purchasing process:
1. Houses are expensive! (ok, I already knew this but it really hits you when you see the actual numbers, including all the closing costs)
2. Seeing a house you really like and then finding out it got sold is really disappointing. We had a couple of these in our search, but I learned you have to stay positive, the right one is out there somewhere.
3. Banks require a lot of paperwork. I didn't realize how much they had to verify as far as your employment, income, etc. I've used a fax machine more times these past couple weeks than in my whole life, constantly sending our lender information.
4. Having a good realtor can make a world of difference in your search. We started with one that wasn't the best, but when we switched to our current one, she was great! She was always sending us new listings, would respond to our questions quickly and has been a huge help in our buying process.
5. Buying a house is a big step in life and we had many doubts about whether we were doing the right thing and choosing the right budget, but lots of prayers and guidance from our parents really helped us in our decision.
If anyone has any tips or advice for us as we get ready to move, please let me know, I would love to hear them! And I will keep you updated with more inside pics as we get settled. I would also ask for prayers that our loan and paperwork go through smoothly so we can close in a couple weeks!